how to cure pimples

READER FEEDBACK -- THANK YOU!

acv

Vitamin E and Lecithin Capsules
2/1/2006: Marty from Pomona, CA writes, "I tried every thing for my clogged pores. I was taking 1200 IE of natural Vit E and still no change. Then I added lecithin capsules and walla, all my clogged pores went away in a week. My nose now feels really smooth and all those little crusty whiteheads (and whatever the heck that crusty stuff on my skin was) is going away. Yippie! Just had to share that. Best Regards, Marty"

CRUSHED MULTI-VITAMIN
12/7/2006: Anna from Kansas City, MS writes, "I really never have had a problem with acne so when I developed a pimple on my chin it was somewhat of a big deal. I'm not used to something on my face hurting like it did. At first I popped it and pulled out that little yellow bullet shaped thing from the middle ( what is that, the infection or dried pus?) It bled a little then a bit more pus came out - still hurt of course. I decided to try ACV which hurt and made me develop immediately a fine rash of bumps all around the blemish. I think it is because my skin is very sensitive and it just burnt it a little - or because I had the opening in my skin for it spread faster... Then I thought of crushing half of a multi vitamin and making a paste. I did so, applied the paste to the blemish, put a bandaid over it ( it did hurt for a few minutes) and Voila! in about an hour the spot had dried up and was on its way to healing and not feeling tender! I would definitely do this again!"

ESSENTIAL OILS
4/3/2007: Mila from Sacramento, California writes: "I tried essential oils, more specifically, rosemary and coriander oils, for my blackheads and active acne, and a miracle happened with my face. Here is how I do it: at night I wash my face first if i have makeup on with my regular camphor based cleanser, then about an hour later i heat up a huge pot of water, and hold my face above the steam for about 10-15 minutes, i also cover my head with a big towel, so the heat does not escape. The steam helps open up the pores and let the toxins out. Then I take a shower and rinse my face off oil and toxins. After i get out i pat my face dry and apply coriander and rosemary oil mixed together. It's been a couple of weeks, and my face has cleared up so much, I am amazed. There are other things I do too, like drinking less caffeine and eating less sugar ,taking flax and omega 3,6,9 oils, also praying to God( I'm a christian), and my skin has been great. It doesn't get congested anymore, it's color is more healthy and even, I am absolutely amazed. I am 22, so I know acne at my age is an internal problem, so I recommend to anybody the essential oils(coriander and rosemary), but also checking your diet, some foods cause your skin to congest and breakout. Hope this helps)) I think I'll be using essential oils now,for me they've been more effective and a lot less expensive than facials and pretty much all brand name products i've tried in my life, and trust me i've wasted thousands of dollars on lotians, facials, cremes, etc. God bless you, and hope you find this comment helpful."

ANTI-BACTERIAL HANDWASH
2/25/2007: Anon (asi35437[at]hotmail.com) from Perth, Australia writes, "I have tried several things to attempt to aid my pimples since the age of 13 (I am now 16). Over the counter products, home remedies and even Proactive. But just recently i have started washing my face morning and night with Palmolive anti-bacterial handwash, which was about 3-4 australian dollars, and can be found at any grocery store. I started to see small improvements the following morning, and within that same week almost all of my pimples had vanished. I was also using Bio-Oil, which I think is around 20 australian dollars for a 60mL bottle and can be found at any chemist or pharmacy, as a moisteriser because it reduces the appearance of acne scars. It has been about a week that i have been using this regemine, my skin is a lot better, my scars are less visable though I have just a few pimples left. I am also thinking of using an anti-bacterial facial cleanser instead of the handwash, but I'll keep you updated about everything. I don't recommend that you use the handwash more than twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, because it could dry your skin out and don't use the Bio-Oil on broken skin. I also recommend that you use a moisteriser in conjunction with the handwash. A couple more things to add: try to avoid touching your face when not necessary, if you pick or pop a pimple(which I don't recommend) immediately wash the area with the handwash and wash your hands with the handwash before and after washing your face, to avoid spreading bacteria. If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me and don't forget to leave me feedback!"

Painted Iodine
2 Readers Report Success!

Donna, from Aspen, CO writes us about the wonders of iodine solution to cure acne (among other things): "I totally cured my PMS, as I used to have severe anxiety, temper flare ups and acne. I paint myself with 2% tincture of iodine every AM & PM. Noticed the change within 2 days! Also, my allergies went away, my teeth weren't sensitive anymore.

Recipe: Paint about a 2" X 2" area on your stomach area, always moving the spot around to different locations (or the skin gets dried out and itchy). Just two days ago I forgot to paint in the morning, by evening I had a acne starting to form on my chin, I quickly painted my tummy, and when I awoke the next day it was gone!

If your paintings don't absorb then you can put off painting, maybe every other day. It means your iodine level is okay, maybe you really don't need any. However, I read that 80% of Americans are iodine defficient. They used to put iodine in all of our flour products (before 1966), then they discovered bromide, it is easier, cheaper, less messy and makes ingredients mix well, so it's in all of our bread, flour products (except "sprouted grain" breads/products & 100% organic) cakes, even Gatorade and Mountain Dew (it was found in Dansani water too)!

Fluoride, chlorine, bromide & iodine are all halogens, their atomic weight determines which one deletes the other, fluoride being the winner (doesn't that make you happy). Iodine is the loser, so all three delete iodine. That's why we are all deficient, we cannot escape fluoride, chlorine and bromide! So, paint paint paint, you only absorb what you need!"

Tish, from Granger, IN comments: "I just started painting twice a day. I have always had irregular menstral cycles and cysts and recently started having problems with acne. It has been about 1.5 weeks now and my acne is almost gone. I have had acne problems for the last 6 months and tried everything over the counter and topical you could imagine. I was ready to give up and go to the doctor for meds. Thank God for iodine! It is too early to comment on the female issues, but I am
having some positive signs in this area too."

Read more about iodine here.

Strawberries -- the power of red
Matt writes us, "According to the ancient Egyptians, fresh strawberries (when eaten) help acne. So do wetted strawberry leaves applied on the face topically."

Apple cider vinegar AND Strawberries
Sandra, from San Antonio, TX writes, "I use acv for my acne except I combine strawberries with it and it really works. I soak the berries in the vineger and then crush them strain it and I apply it on every night before I go to bed. It took about 3 weeks but my face cleared up considerably."

Frozen Strawberries & Orange
Jade, from Staffordshire, UK writes, "I mixed 2 large straberries and 1/2 a peeled orange together mashed up. I then put it in the freezer until it was a block (usually put it in overnight). The small block should be wrapped in a cloth or towel and put on the affected area. This should be repeated 2 or 3 times per week and then you should notice a difference."

Cucumbers
In a blender, liquify a peeled cucumber. Apply the juice to problem areas. Also drink four or five cups of cucumber juice daily for a week. Doing so is said to purify the blood and lymphatic system, resulting in clearer skin.

Molasses -- PROMISING CURE!

Recipe: 2 teaspoons of black strap molasses with one teaspoon of sulphur (MSM) once or twice daily to cleanse the blood. Skin eruptions may increase initially -- an indication that the blood is being cleansed.

Read more about cures with Molasses here.

7/24/2006: Nathan from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam writes, "Supplementing my diet with molasses has decreased my acne about 97% in two weeks. I take two tablespoons when I wake up in the morning, and two before I go to bed at night. It eases digestive problems, so if your acne is related to constipation, it's a sure-fire bet. It also supplements you with minerals such as Chromium, which about 90% of Americans are deficient in."

Honey and Cinnamon
A reader tells us, "A paste of honey and cinnamon. 3 Tablespoons of honey to 1 cinnamon. Apply topically. Dries acne out takes about 2-3 weeks."

12/7/2006: Ruth from Arcardia, CA writes, "For months I've been stressed out and my face has been breaking out with red swollen pimples, which just wouldn't go away. I spent a lot of money on expensive facial cleansers, toners, and lotions...none worked. After finding information via internet regarding honey and cinnamon paste for acne, I tried it. The next morning the pimples were visibly improved, shrunken. I did a test by not putting the paste on one part of my face, and sure enough that part remained the unchanged. I'm on my 4th day sleeping with this paste on my face and very excited that something so simple is working."

Toothpaste
5/4/2007: Brianne from Shawnee, KS writes: "I just wanted to add that I also use toothpaste for acne. It won't help prevent acne, but if you have a pimple, put a dab of toothpaste on it before bed time. Sleep with it on and wash it off in the morning. You will find that the soreness, redness and swelling has gone down considerably!"

Nick, from Ontario, Canada tell us, "To reduce pimple redness, apply toothpaste (yes, toothpaste!) so it covers the pimple. Wipe/rinse off after a couple minutes, and the redness should decrease a little while after."

NAY
8/8/2007: Jay from Alloway, New Jersey writes: "TOOTHPASTE DOES NO T WORK IT ONLY MAKES PIMPLES WORSE, MORE SWOLLEN, RED, AND THEY LAST ALOT LONGER. I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKED FOR THOSE RECOMMENDING IT BUT FOR ME, WITH THE OCCASIONAL BREAK OUT I DONT HAVE PROBLEM SKIN OR SENSITIVE SKIN THE TOOTHPASTE MADE MY PIMPLE INFLAMED. MAYBE THEY SHOULD MAKE CLEAR WHAT THE INGREDIANTS ARE IN THE TOOTHPASTE THEY USE THAT SEEMS TO BE SUCCESFULL FOR THEM. MAY BE ITS A CERTAIN INGREDIANT THAT IS NOT IN ALL TOOTHPASTES. REGARDLESS... I WONT TRY IT AGAIN."

Salt
1/25/2007: Jennifer from Foley, AL writes, "Fill your sink up, about 1/4, with warm water. Then pour some salt in it. Soak cotton ball in it for 30 minutes and swish it around, making sure its all salty. Squeeze out the cooton ball and apply on the pimple. If your face doesnt start to tingle, add more salt to the cotton ball. When your face does start tingling, push down for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, DON'T WASH THE SALT OFF YOUR FACE. Apply honey on your face and leave on for 15 minutes. When 15 minutes is up, rinse off and apply a dab of toothpaste and leave on overnight."

Mallory, from Chester Springs, PA writes, "Wet some of a paper towel with warm water and shake some salt on it and put the salt over a pimple if it stings, it's working."

Nutmeg & Honey
Seonid, from London writes, "Nutmeg and honey works great and cures acne."


Orange Juice and Honey
Erik, from VA writes, "Use three tablespoons of OJ to one tablespoon of honey leave on for 30 mins. Take a shower and wash it off, it's very sticky. Works within one to two weeks for back and chest acne, havent tried it on the face yet."

Vitamin B5
Cindy, from Milwaukee writes, "I have had acne for years - was geting worse till I saw a site w. info on B5 for acne - B5 helped my acne.. About B5 - I'm not sure how/why it works - I take about 3,000 mg/day. But, it can cause hair loss - remedied by taking L-LYSINE (1,ooo mg), BIOTIN (1,ooo mg) and I also take Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg. - This info is somewhere on http://www.clearskin.net (General Acne discussion) - you can SEARCH. The B5 worked immediately for me- strange.