The Best Remedies to Minimize Wrinkles and PoresAs we age, the cells in the epidermis layer of our skin (that is the top layer), become thinner. This makes the skin look thinner. The epidermis also keeps less moisture in the skin, which makes the skin dry. Epidermal cells decrease as we age and the skin cannot repair itself as easily. This article gives you an insight into:
- What are Wrinkles and why do they arise?
- What are the remedies to reduce wrinkles?
- Which essentials can be used to reduce lines and wrinkles?
As we age, the cells in the epidermis layer of our skin (that is the top layer), become thinner. This makes the skin look thinner. The epidermis also keeps less moisture in the skin, which makes the skin dry. Epidermal cells decrease as we age and the skin cannot repair itself as easily.
The dermal layer (middle layer) is also affected as we age. This layer also gets thinner and it produces less collagen. This causes the skin to wrinkle and sag. The bottom layer of our skin is the subcutaneous layer. This layer includes fat cells and these fat cells get smaller as we age. The rate of regeneration of skin cells also decreases. All these factors cause the skin to repair less easily. The skin also loses its elasticity.
These changes can also affect our pores (hair follicles). The pores look more enlarged as we age, which often appears worse because of the build-up of dead skin cells at the base of the pore.
Causes for Premature WrinklesThe biggest cause for wrinkles is age. As we age, the changes in our skin will eventually lead to wrinkles and fine lines. However, some people get wrinkles earlier than others. What are some of the causes of premature wrinkles?
- Smoking. When you smoke, the amount of blood, oxygen and nutrient flowing to your skin is reduced. This affects the skin's natural ability to repair damage.
- The sun. The sun's UV rays damages the skin. It can cause wrinkles and sun spots.
- Heredity. The age that we get our first wrinkles is also determined by hereditary factors.
- Facial movements. Premature wrinkles may be caused by continual and repetitive facial movements. Constant frowning will cause furrows above the eyebrows.
- Stress. Stress may have a negative affect on the skin, particularly if it is accompanied by lots of facial movements.
Best Remedies to Reduce WrinklesWrinkles are inevitable at some stage in our life, but there are steps we can take to minimize wrinkles and pores. These steps may not stop skin wrinkles altogether, but they might stop them for a time or at least reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
BEST NATURAL REMEDIES
There are some natural means to reduce wrinkles. Try these natural wrinkle fighters to help reduce lines and wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
- Rub lemon juice on blemishes and age spots.
- Apply a paste of turmeric powder to your skin.
- Crush a grape and apply it to wrinkles.
- Castor oil. Apply directly to the skin.
- For herbal anti wrinkle skin care try neem, cats claw or tea tree.
- Emu oil is one of the top natural remedies for wrinkles.
- Use a mashed banana as a mask.
- Some essential oils that are can reduce lines and wrinkles are sandalwood, geranium, rosewood, rose jasmine, neroli and frankincense. Mix these oils with evening primrose oil or another base to make your own natural anti wrinkle lotion. To make a natural anti wrinkle cream for the eyes, use a base of cocoa butter and add neroli.