Acne & blackheads home remedies - Treat your skin by these proven home remedies
The acne home remedies listed below have worked for many people, but they may not work for some people. All home remedies for acne are enhanced by proper vitamin and mineral supplementation. Drink lots of water. Drinking water will prevent most of your skin problems. For a simple calculation divide your body weight in half and drink at the least that many ounces of water a day. Exercise regularly. Some form of aerobic exercise will bring oxygen to your cells and give you a healthy skin.
Acne & blackheads Home Remedies
1. Put toothpaste on your pimple before you go to bed, should help reduce swelling overnight. Make sure it is the paste not the gel. One of the most popular acne home remedies.
2. Wash your face twice a day in warm salty water. This should leave your face oil free without aggravating the acne.
3. Apply a paste of fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves over the face every night for 10-15 minutes and washed with warm water. This will prevent acne, pimples, blackheads, and wrinkles.
4. Place strawberry leaves on the acne, the alkalinity helps to reduce the swelling.
5. Extract juice of one lemon and mix with equal quantity of rose water. Apply this mixture on the face and let it stay for about half an hour. Wash the face with fresh water. About 15 days application helps cure acne, pimples and reduces blemishes and scars.
6. Another method is to massage the face with the skin of lemon before washing with lukewarm water.
7. Apply fresh mint juice over the face every night for the treatment of acne, pimples, insect stings, eczema, scabies, & other skin infections.
8. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. At least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables should be included in your diet. All acne home remedies should include a healthy diet.
9. A couple of garlic cloves, crushed and dabbed on the face 1-2 times a day. One of the smellier acne home remedies!
10. Home face wash for acne: Mix together 1 or 2mls each of the following: witch hazel, tea-tree and sweet fennel essential oils, adding essential oil of geranium for women and essential oil of rosewood for men. Mix with 300mls of water. Shake before use, as the oils will float on top of the water during storage. Dab affected areas with cotton wool two or three times a day. The oils will clean and unclog giving antibiotic-like protection to the skin.
11. Apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area overnight. Wash off with warm water next morning.
12. Use 2-3 tsp. dried basil leaves to 1 cup boiling water. Steep 10-20 minutes. Cool, and apply with cotton ball.
13. Grind orange peel with some water to a paste and apply on affected parts. One of the best acne home remedies.
14. Clean face with cotton wool dipped in rose water 2-3 times a day.
15. Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice in 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon powder and apply on affected areas frequently.
16. Nettle Tea is another solution, this tea has a herb that has some curing power and really helps work wonders on skin problems. Drink four cups a day to get the full benefit of one of the most powerful acne home remedies. Get nettle productsicon here.
17. Aloe Vera juice applied twice a day can greatly speed up the healing of acne lesions. You can buy Aloe Vera at vitacost.com
18. Another lotion that uses bee propolis extract may also be effective. Mix eight ounces of water and 11 drops of bee propolis extract. One of the acne home remedies which has been proven effective with many people.
19. Some herbal acne home remedies...
Burdock leaf tea.
Lavender essential oil (mix 1:10 with water)
Tincture of calendula flowers.
Tea tree essential oil (mix 1:10 with water)
Liquefy cabbage leaves with witch hazel, strain and add two drops of lemon oil. Use as a lotion.
20. Ice down the acne before bed, by morning it should be noticeably less swollen. Works best on larger pimples that have not yet formed a head.
21. Take vitamin B5 and zinc supplements daily to strengthen the skin's resistance to acne.
22. Mix mint juice with turmeric powder and apply on affected area. Leave for 15-30 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
23. Mix some vinegar and salt in a bowl. Pour a little bit in your hand and rub it on the pimples. Soak a face towel in it and dab it on the bumps. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off.
24. Blend cucumber and make a paste. Apply this as a mask on your face and leave it for 1/2 hour and then rinse. This refreshes your skin and prevents acne.
25. Mix corn flour with egg white and apply on your face. Let is dry completely for 1/2 hour. Dip your hands in warm water and massage your face and wash off. This when repeated regularly gives you a smooth skin.
26. Mix sandalwood paste with rosewater and apply on the face. Rinse off after 30 minutes.
27. Essential oil face mask for acne: Use a mask base powder, such as fuller's earth or kaolin powder. Use distilled or filtered water to make a paste. Mix 1 heaped teaspoon of base powder to 3 drops of essential oil. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of the water in, to make a fluid yet balanced paste. Essential oils to add in the mask either separately or try smaller amounts together; cypress oil 1 drop, lemon oil 2 drops, sage oil 1 drop.
28. Mix the paste of tender neem leaves with turmeric and apply of affected area. An eastern approach to acne home remedies.
29. Grind some nutmeg with milk and apply on affected area. Pimples disappear like magic without leaving a mark.
30. Make a mixture of lime juice and rose water. Apply on face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
31. Make a paste by mixing 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. Repeat for two weeks, pimples will disappear forever.
32. Rub fresh garlic on and around pimples. Pimples will disappear without a mark with regular applications.
33. Mix 1 tsps groundnut oil with 1 tspn fresh lime juice to prevent formation of blackheads and pimples .
34. Ground drumstick pods and leaves and mix mixed with fresh lime juice, and apply on pimples. This is also good for blackheads and dark spots.
35. First wash face and then dab acne with cotton balls soaked in vinegar.
36. Mix groundnut oil with an equal amtount of fresh lime juice and apply on face. leave for 10-15 minutes and wash. It may be applied daily to prevent formation of blackheads, acne and pimples.
37. Apply juice of raw papaya (including the skin and seed) on swelling acne, pimples.
38. Apply fresh lime juice mixed to a glass of boiled milk as a face wash for acne, pimples, blackheads, and cracked skin.
39. Apply ripe Tomatoes pulp on acne, pimples and kept upto 1 hour, then wash.
40. Make a paste of roasted & powdered pomgranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over acne, boils, pimple, blackheads and whiteheads.
41. Apply grated potatoes as poultice to treat skin blemishes, wrinkles, boils, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads , etc.
42. Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.
43. Apply a paste of ground seasame seeds with water as poultice for inflammation of the skin due to allergies, skin rashes, and pimples.
44. Large pores on facial skin can be treated with paste of sandalwood powder with masoor dal.
45. Use an oatmeal or almond mask throughly to cleanse your face. Mix either oatmeal or almond powder with enough rose water to make a soft paste that spreads easily on the skin. Rub it on your skin with your fingertips, paying special attention the problem areas. Leave to dry for about 15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This is very good in getting rid of blackheads.
46. A solution made out of one and a half cups of hot water and half a tablespoon of boric powder is an ideal remedy for blackheads, Saturate a face napkin in this hot solution and press on to the skin, repeat twice. Extract blackheads carefully with a blackhead remover and sterilized cottonwool. Pat on an astrigent.
47. Honey is a great remedy for skin blemishes and acne because the honey kills bacteria. - Submitted by Chelsea
Are Home Remedies for Acne Effective?
Unfortunately, there are no hard and fast rules about home remedies for acne. Some people have, in fact, had excellent results using common household ingredients. Others, however, haven't had the same luck. Since there are no real studies done on home remedies, it is difficult to measure their success. Still, certain ingredients are recognized as having acne-fighting properties.
Menthol, found in peppermint and spearmint, has cooling and soothing properties. It is also known for its ability to kill germs, and is a common ingredient in mouthwash. It can also be found in many cleansers and toners, including Murad's Clarifying Cleanser.
Witch-hazel is a shrub that blooms in cooler months. It also has highly effective astringent qualities. Witch Hazel extract is available in bottle form at any drugstore. This common ingredient is found in many toners, including the one made by Proactiv.
Citrus fruits, such as lemons and limes, feature several ingredients that make them effective in the fight against acne. Vitamin C, a natural antioxidant, is essential in the formation of collagen. Citric acid is also an effective astringent and antioxidant. In addition, citrus fruits are a good source of flavonoids, yet another naturally ocurring antioxidant.
Although not widely recognized for its uses beyond spicing and seasoning food, cinnamon actually has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. This could explain the spice's presence in many home remedies for acne.
Due to its natural sugar content, honey acts as an antibacterial and antimicrobial. It also reacts with body fluids, creating a form of hydrogen peroxide. Even doctors have recognized the antiseptic qualities of honey, using it to treat wounds and burns.
Home Remedies for Acne
Since many common kitchen ingredients do have medicinal qualities, perhaps some people will have success using home remedies to treat acne. Keep in mind, though, that over-the-counter and prescription strength acne treatments feature only small amounts of the natural ingredients. Most have long and complicated lists of ingredients that have been formulated through years of scientific research.
Still, as long as you are not allergic to any of the ingredients, you have nothing to lose by trying. Here is a partial list of recommended home remedies for acne:
* Honey and Cinnamon: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder. Apply the paste to the face each night at bedtime.
* Toothpaste: Simply apply a dab of mint toothpaste over existing pimples and allow to dry overnight. Do not use gel.
* Orange Peel: Mix pounded orange peel with water, and rub the mixture directly on the acne.
* Lemon Juice: Lemon juice can be applied directly on the blemishes.
* Lemon and Rose Water: Mix equal parts lemon juice and rose water and rub the mixture directly on the skin.
* Mint: Rub mint juice over the skin.
* Witch Hazel: Mix witch hazel with water. Apply mixture with a cloth or cotton ball over the entire face.
* Cinnamon and Lemon: Mix equal parts cinnamon powder and lemon juice. Apply the mixture directly on pimples.
* Cinnamon and Milk: Mix cinnamon powder with milk, and rub on affected areas.
* Garlic: Peel garlic cloves and rub over the skin.
* Aloe Vera: Rub aloe vera juice directly over affected skin.
* Cucumber: Grind cucumber to a paste and apply over entire face. Rinse after 30 minutes.
Acne & blackheads home remedies - Treat your skin by these proven home remedies
Labels: Home Remedies For Acne